You are here: Tax Rates > Income Tax
View the most up to date Income Tax rates
- Ages are as the end of the tax year.
- The higher rates of personal allowances are reduced by £1 for each £2 of excess income over £27,000 (£26,100) until the basic allowance is reached.
- Similar limits apply to the married couple's allowance. The reduction in allowance is subject to a minimum level of £3,040. (For couples married before 5 December 2005, only the husband's income is taken into account. For those married on or after 5 December 2005 or in a civil partnership, only the higher earner’s income is taken into account).
- The personal allowance, including the minimum age-related allowance, is reduced by £1 for every £2 that net adjusted income exceeds £100,000.
- Where there are several trusts created by the same settlor, the "standard rate band" is divided equally between them, subject to a minimum band of £200 for each trust.
- Call +44 (0) 20 7871 9911
- Send Email