Own property and want your accountant to offer up to date Tax Advice to protect your Assets?
Whether you are a residential buy-to-let landlord or a commercial property owner or developer, o oour specialist Property Team can help you grow your property portfolio and offer specialist tax advice.
Tax on property letting and property developers alike is not as straight forward as some may imply. With HMRC actively seeking out property owners that have failed to declare income from property, the need for good advice is more important than ever before.We can liaise with the tax authorities on your behalf, reducing the administrative burden of property ownership.
Our property team will help you decide on the legal entity your properties should be held in. We can walk you through the minefield of various taxes that are applicable to each structure of property ownership whether it is held personally or via a special purpose vehicle including offshore structures.
We help many property owners that are based overseas and can provide specialist tax advice to them.
We have close contacts with specialist lenders (including overseas lenders) and solicitors who can provide up to date legal advice regarding the property sector.
Choosing a legal business structure
- Sole trader
- Limited companies
- Limited liability partnerships
- Offshore structures
Capital gains tax
- Principal private residence relief
- Private letting relief
- Exemptions available for overseas landlords
- Capital Losses
- Entrepreneurs relief
- Business Asset Rollover Relief
Inheritance tax planning
- Protecting family property and assets from Inheritance Tax
Service Charge Accounts/Audits
- We assist property management agencies and property owners to meet their service charge obligations and obtain certification.
- external service charge audit
- preparation of statutory accounts for management companies
- reviewing service charge accounts
- statement of rental income and head rent calculations
Construction Industry Scheme
- CIS Returns and record Keeping
- Registration and obligations
- Tax treatments of investment and trading companies
- Loan relationships provisions
- Re-investing proceeds using rollover relief
- Group reliefs
- Residential property letting
- Commercial property letting
- Property sales
- Property management
- Property developers
- Partially exempt businesses
- Full service for Landlords based overseas
Our fixed fee and free telephone support just adds to the reasons why Leftley Rowe should be the accountants you choose. Please feel free to look at our property case studies to see some of our successes.
Speak to Joe Lee on 020 8515 9797 for a free initial consultation.